Friday, November 21, 2008

Be True To Your School - Bob Greene

It has been a long time since I have completed a book. I think I may have just burnt myself out reading so much the first half of the year. Then again, I think I was using it as an escape mechanism. I have finished one other book besides this one. I will have to find it document a review.

BTTYS was written in 1964, well for the first time. It was a diary kept by the famous Bob Greene, who has a column that was read in over 200 newspapers. I use the past tense due to the book being published in 1987, so Bob could have moved on to other things. I recognize him from the book cover.

Anyway, what fun to read about the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, the Rolling Stones, his first drink, his year of non lettering in tennis, his pursuit of freshman (and younger) girls, his constant haircuts, his first copy boy job...well, it was just a magical book and anyone living in that time period should love this book.

It is the innocent time that most of us Baby Boomers experienced.

No comments: