Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Just Another Day

I am committed to writing every day. I feel that I am loosing the touch. Loosing the momentum I had, use to have. I look back at my entries from the time when no one was reading this jnl (the secret jnl) and my writing flowed. It was informative and fun. It was truthful and not mindful of who was reading and the reactions that might happen.

It was freedom and it showed.

Everyday I usually have something to write about. But not post worthy. I know what I mean. I struggle over my entries to make them entertaining. Worth reading . Read worthy. Its hard.

I have ignored my hand written diary for so long now that it is difficult to take up again. I open it and find the last entry three weeks ago. I am crushed by that. So much happens every day.

Every day.

Last week I went out back and watched the Space Shuttle fly over. It was fantastic and awesome. The light emerged from the Southwest as predicted. It flew directly over FW and disappeared into the Northeast about four minutes later.

It was so bright! And it looked like it was two triangles connected at the middle. I think that other part may have been the space station.

The night was clear and the stars were just beginning to show themselves. The the Shuttle comes streaking across the heavens.

It made me feel so proud to be a part of this world, this universe.

That was last week. One day of last week.

What possibilities every day holds.

3 comments:

Mr. Nauton said...

From what I've read here, your writing is very "read worthy" -- but try not to give up the hand written work, there's something special about the action and committment in the old-fashioned ways.

Unknown said...

I love the anonymity of writing on a blog-I thought it would give me more freedom to express myself, but I find myself always trying to find just the right thing to say to appeal to an audience. I understand your dilema!

Nick Phillips (15/03/1967 - 04/11/2022) said...

The space shuttle flying overhead? Now, that's a sight I would love to see. Where I come from, catching a glimpse of a bird flying overhead would be a rare sight indeed ....