Sunday, June 21, 2009

Lulu in Marrakech

Diane Johnson has been writing terrific best seller, nominations for the Pulitzer, winner of the National Book Award and I imagine dozens of other accolades yet it took me until today to finish a book written by her.

And I truly enjoyed it. I read the book flap afterwards and they mentioned she wrote in the vein of bring naive American into the European world..and I thought, yes that is the world for Lulu, naive.

The second book I read with dealt with the Arab world and not totally realizing it. I must think that the world of literature is immersed in the mystic of the Arabic world.

Book was good and I read it in about two sittings. I am interested in reading some of her other works, Le Divorce (which I believe I have in storage) and Le Marriage which I could have also.

No comments: