Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Divide

I have to admit, it took me a long time to get into the swing of things with this book. I did not care for any of the characters for a long time. I could have done without all the sympathy for poor Ben. His wife Sarah seemed an ice queen for most the novel.

Yet, as it progressed I became more interested and wanted to learn how the daughters body was found at the bottom of a mountain frozen forever in youth and pregnancy to be found by two skiers who also almost met their demise at the bottom of a long fall..

Anyway, an okay book. I have read all of Nicholas Evans' books and I think I enjoyed this one the least. For some reason - because I do not remember much of the story lines - the vast outdoors played more of a character than in this book. The Rocky Mountains were just a back drop, like necessary for the frozen grave rather than any other purpose.

Finished with a marathon read this morning, had to find out who killed her and every thing fell into place easily, except how he found them, in the dark, in a place he had never been before in a cabin that was totally unassociated with any of them.

Go figure, but it had to end that way.

No comments: