Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Bordeaux - paul torday

At times I will call up Amazon and read the reviews before finishing a book. I was not certain what I was feeling reading Bordeaux. Perhaps a bit of confusion. The reviews compared it to Memento a disjointed film from the 90's that had no linear path through the story.

I never understood the motivation behind the character until the very last pages, which quite honestly I skimmed over. The people he was so enamoured with bored me to tears.

yet, the total outline for my own "novel" (god help me) was revealed to me during those last paragraphs.

i guess to say I finished the novel ant at times the prose was wonderful, the images were very satisfying. But I'm glad it's over and that it's time to move on to another story, maybe this one with more sympathetic characters.

No comments: