Monday, January 21, 2008

21/365



Jump!! I'll Catch you!

I was hipped to this Art Center on Mellwood. So I decided to amble on over and check it out. Too bad nothing was open! Guess MLK B-day and all, and I discover a lot of retail artsy types won't be open on Monday to compensate for Saturday.

What was there were several workers, and one very good looking Spanish-type. Latino in tight black pants and open shirt.... We passed, he did not acknowledge me in any way. I got a good look at him out of the corner of my eye.

I wandered around and found a stair well that led to second story so I scrambled up there and found nothing, just this view looking down into the open common area. As I was looking through my small camera he suddenly walked out from under and seeing me looked over his shoulder to see what I was photographing...then he barked out some orders to someone I could not see, in that melodic Spanish that can make your heart skip a beat.

I wish I had my zoom lens and I might have just tried to catch him!

It made me self conscious to be up there, no one but constructions workers around (the place is very new and under construction. It's going to be fabulous when it does get up off the ground)....

....me and my camera.

Not my best attempt of the day, but the only one with a story.

No comments: