Friday, December 31, 2010

750 words December 31

New Years Eve! And I have it off. And so I am up an hour earlier than usual. And I laid in bed for at least 1/2 hour and marveled at my good fortune at not having to work. Have a full day planned with going to the library, getting my hair done, getting further in debt with purchasing the wii and at least one game for Joe.

Yesterday I arrived home, after shopping at Kohls and the liquor store, and had a letter from Debbie waiting for me. She thanked me for the angel ornament iI sent and it was waiting for her on her return from Key West. Then she told me everything that was going on in her life and how things had taken certain twists and turns. It was heaven getting a letter and on my manifesto for 2011 I have written that I want to keep in touch with people more thru the mail than I have previously. I use to send cards on a weekly basis to several people. I sent Bridget a card a week when she was with Scott. I sent Deb and email a day when she was in the midst of the break up with her husband. I sent cards to everyone. I stopped be cause I was not with Coke any longer and not on the road, stopped at shopping centers that had Hallmark stores and Dollar stores or Target's. Target was a good source for cards.

My aim today after the library is to head to Tuesday morning and see if they are carrying any not cards. They use to have the most wonderful selection. At least at the stores in Lex and Ft WAyne. The one in lou is where I found that beautiful gossamer paper that I ended up making X-mas cards with. They were very cool cards if I do say so.

I woke up several times during the night in a semi panic. I told myself that everything was going to be OK and went back to sleep. I had a couple, maybe 3 1/2 drinks of the run last night and then devoured a box of cereal! Not much left. There goes my whole diet for the day and I was doing so good. I had even passed up french fries. And I was so hungry yesterday afternoon. I don't know if I was really hungry or just wanting to eat. I had a clementine from the stash that Chris had in the refrid and it was delish! I had a couple of nuts once I arrived home and then a little bit of the left over chili and I was find until I was drinking and then almost polished off the box of cereal. It would of been ok but it had 6g of sugar so the rule is in Weight WAtchers, no sugar. Rats.

Heard from Bridget a little bit yesterday and she seemed better.

I received my beautiful green bead necklace from Goodwill in the mail and man oh man is it every a beauty. I need to locate a Loupe today and a micro/macro lens for the camera so that I can set myself up on ESTY. I left my list of books at the office so I need to drop in and get that so that I can continue to list them in case I find a buyer.

I also need to get my hair cut today! And send off the 2006 taxes - again! ANd find those 2004. They are in the garage some where.

Paul's party is tonight and I had committed to go. I have a room booked at the Inn by the Lake, which is that super funky place that Joe and I found 1/2 way in between Lou and Memphis and stayed at least two times. I want to say three, but I think it was only tow times. I have stayed three times when you count in the Sig Ep reunion party.

It should be a great party and I have a new pair of pants I picked up at Khols. With the Sonicare tooth brush. Once you use a Sonic there is no going back. This is my third one. The first I got after the much cheaper Oral B broke. The sonic is a dream. I have had this second one since 2005, I got it right after landing the job with Coke in FW. My first paycheck I ran into Sam's and renewed my cues and picked up a Sonic for around $80. Last night I paid $129 maybe, could have been more and the nice woman in front of me handed over a coupon printed from the internet for 20% off. So I guess I paid $105. $25 dollars more in five years. Hmmmm. ANd it was not Sam's Club.

Well there is my 750 word dump.

No comments: