Monday, January 3, 2011

Jan 3 -750

I'm on a roll with 750 words and I don't want to screw it up now!
Back at work and it is OK. I am working on the gift card report and it is a pain in the butt b/c of the enormous amt. we sold for the holidays. I went to work at the Bucket yesterday and it was terrible. In the respect that it was packed and no one was buying. After the holidays no one was much in the mood. They didn't want to chat either, or maybe that was me! lol. I am burnt out at the Bucket, but I know that I prefer working nights vrs. days. The customers/guests stand around in packs looking at the dining room and counting the minutes until it is time to enter the dining room. Our new collections are nice, but nothing like the Xmas displays. People grabbing and buying and wrapping and kids everywhere. They were everywhere this week end. Kara and I had a nice morning together moaning and groaning about how boring it all is!
then Emilia came and I made some snide comment about her getting off early on NYE w/o doing any work. She bent batso and I knew I had/shouldn't have crossed that line with her. Shouldn't have said a thing. I just don't like Emilia much. especially after the Candi fiasco. She should have been gone and not C. But that's the way the ball bounces. E. will play the race card. She might pull it with HBTN about my remarks. You know what? I didn't say another word after she got started, "i don't need this job!' etc. etc. etc. She also went on and on about Kim and should have said it to her face and not to her co-workers and I felt like saying "Write a letter" but I literally bit my tongue. I did another time too when something she was yammering about was just too rich to pass over, but I did. She is a semi-lazy worker. She does not want to do much other than bull and shoot the breeze with the customers. I saw her in action the day she spilt the ice tea and spend a good hour or so farting around while I was going crazy running the floor. I hope she goes to the grill. I for one will not miss her. The kitchen will eat her up. She is funny, but not a good worker in my opinion, IMO.
Bridget wants me to front her her income tax money. I may do it, who knows. She certainly made more money that she ever has before. Good for her and I'm certain its even more since only tips on credit cards are reported. I am proud of her. But, she still should get the majority of her money back. I hope.
I wish more things exciting happened or are on my brain. Misplaced my Manifesto and now I have to recreate it from the picture I took for the Manifesto SS entry. And I am going to try and hold myself accountable for the list. I recall when we once all got together for Coke and wrote down our goals for the coming year. Then we wrote how we planned to get there. The steps needed and back up plans in case it did not work. Liked that and it really helped to achieve the goals that year. It gave yo focus.
Like How am I going to find another job/#1) where am I going to be? If its here, then I need to look here. If its there then I need to look there. I have a list somewhere of major employers in the area of Tupelo and I will tailor make my resume - or at least t sounds good to me.
#2) Jewelry - the loupe is on the way. Ineed to beef up my inventory for on-line selling. I want to be in some festivals and or road side shows like the 127 show and or Court Days. Those are fun. Also I need to jump start the S&D thing.
3) Senior Citizen interviews. I just need to contact the nursing homes and make some volunteer overtures. It's that simple. I could join a writing group. meet-up. Add in the paper - online groups.
4) CSA -here or MS we will find out
5) Make more time for letter writing and note card sending. I should just wake up earlier. I have been sleeping like a log for nights now!I have to be near 750 words and whoop there it is!

No comments: