Thursday, January 6, 2011

A new day! Last night I followed Joe to R-Ville. He drove the train and I picked him up. It was a nice break from the mundane day to day existence I have been having lately. I got off from the Bucket early, around 915 and headed home, hoping to make it to the Walmart in R-ville and p/u milk. I woke Joe and drove him t the engine and watched as he climbed on board thinking to myself, I need to watch to make sure he gets off OK - then I remembered that he probably knew what he was doing and if he had any troubles would call me. So I took off into the black black night, as if drenched in black ink, no stars, on this old country road witht the brights on hoping to scare off any deer that may want to jump the car or eat the car as the case may be. I made it to R-ville ahead of Joe listnening to the radio and the RR radio. It would crackle and I would jump trying to turn down the car radio to hear what was going on. After a trip to a closed Walmart (damn it) he called. I told him I heard some cracking on the radio "that was me" and he squawked me a couple of times to prove it. I ventured forth and found an open gas station that had beer but no milk. I went on and drove around R-ville w/o the lights on for some time, I was through downtown when I noticed they were out! My car they automatically come on so I am spoiled. I could not find the alternative gas station Joe told me about and ended up on a one way street facing the wrong way waiting for the light to change! I finally ran the light wondering how anybody gets out, not realizng that it was a one way and I was facing the wrong way. I broke so many laws last night I'm certain I would have gotten a ticket if the whole town was not closed up and asleep.
After many stops I finally found a store that sold both beer and milk and I made it back to the station in pleanty of time. I rolled down the window to listen for the train and heard just the yawn of the evening in R-ville. Then I heard him coming, the night took on a low rumble that was not there before. It seemed far away and headed towards me. Then in the distance Iheard the far away blast of the horn. He was coming. It was a little exciting and I was eager with anticipation to see the train pull in the station! Itgot louded and louder and swelled and then the light showed itself and there he was. The red engine roared into the track before me and came to a beautiful stop. I was hot, baby. What is about men and big machines! He emerged from the cab, locked the doors, checked out a few things and climbed down from the huge monster.
It was incredibly sexy. Joe will continue to surprise me over and over as the years g on. I knew he could do this, but seeing him do it. Wow.
I got a letter from Faye and it sounded good. I am going to write her one more note and then call her. Her b-day is approaching, Feb 9th maybe. 59 good lord, that means I will be 58. It's not that I feel old in spirit, its my body. I have been dieting for almost 10 days and have lost/gained lost/gained. Its frustrating. I guess the idea of eating a bag of fantastic nuts from Iran is not the best thing to do - pistascios. Oh I love them. I guess better them than the chocolate I was craving yesterday. I made a pudding the day before and it helped. I have been very good about avoiding carbs - so maybe I just need to be patient. Well, that is if you don't count the chineses noodles.
Yesterday was a pretty good day. The only bummer was talking to Shirley yesterday and hearing about her problems. HBTN told her that she is not call her co-workers and ask for rides to and from work. That five people came to her and said it was hard to say no to her. Number one, Heather is really out of line (isn't she) and why wouldn't people want to help Shirley. I gave her rides, I gave Mary Ann rides, I didn't like it much (my head lights were always out) but I did it and felt guilty.
I received my loupe and it isOK. I really have to bring the jewelry close to my eye to get a good look. I looked over my bracelet from Maura and Johnny when I graduated from grammar school and it looks to be gold plated! Bummer. No where can I find a caret stamp, so I guess I just got a pretty little bracelet that was pinched on the airplane when I flew to NYC for several weeks during the summer of 1967 - summer of love. lol. I just realized that! I have a few surviving pictures of our adventure to the Cafe Wha and the Washington Monument in the back ground. So many things I wish I had been aware of way back then. Take more pictures, learn the 35mm camera, and collect jewelry.

No comments: